Your contribution may be tax deductible. AACCI is a 501(c)(3) organization,
qualified to accept tax deductible contributions during donor lifetime or
bequests by will. Consult your tax adviser on how the current law applies to you.
Types of Donations
- Cash/Check/Credit Card - deductible from your taxable income in the year they are donated.
- Securities - Gifts of securities are deductible at current market value. Donating appreciated securities avoids capital gains tax on the difference between the price you paid for the security and the market value at the time of the donation. Securities can be donated by mail, through your broker or by hand delivery to AACCl.
Life Insurance - By paying a small annual premium you can assure a large future gift by donating life insurance. Options include:
- Purchasing a policy and making the Foundation the irrevocable owner and beneficiary.
- Changing the primary beneficiary on an existing policy to name the Foundation to receive all or a portion of the proceeds.
- Adding the Foundation as a contingent beneficiary, where the Foundation receives a gift if your primary and secondary beneficiaries don't survive you.
- Assigning annual dividends from policies to the Foundation; the value of the dividends would be tax deductible.
Bequests - Leave a Legacy - A bequest, or special gift made by will, is a popular form of charitable donation. Bequests to a tax-exempt recipient, such as the Foundation, are not subject to estate tax and can reduce the tax liability for your heirs. You should consult with your attorney or financial advisor before including such provisions in your will.
How Your Organization Can Give
Donations to General Endowment Fund
Contributions may be one time or pledged over a period of years. The aim is to provide support in areas that may not be covered by the other existing AACCI Foundation Funds.
Interested in Starting a New Fund
Contact the AACCI Foundation Chair to discuss new opportunities or areas where your donation could have the greatest impact.