AACC International publishes pertaining to all cereals- and grain-related topics and books on food-related topics under its Eagan Press imprint. Books are accepted under the supervision of the AACC International PRESS Committee and the Publications Panel.
AACC International PRESS and Eagan Press are full-service publishing houses, producing all types of books from basic formatted volumes to edited and typeset fully illustrated handbooks and texts.
The book program offers a wide range of benefits to its authors, volume editors, and contributors.
Benefits to Authors and Volume Editors
- Association with a nonprofit publisher dedicated to the distribution of grain science and food science information
- High-quality published editions appropriate to the publication's intended audience, purpose, and price
- Worldwide marketing to readers and libraries through announcements in international journals, international distribution of the AACC International PRESS and Eagan Press publications catalog, and AACC International's European office.
- Collaboration throughout the publication process with both publishing and science professionals
- An election for either competitive royalties or reduced bookselling prices at the author's or volume editor's option
Prior to final acceptance for publication, proposed books undergo a two-stage evaluation:
1. An evaluation of a formal publication proposal submitted by the author or volume editor, usually before the manuscript is written
2. A review of the completed manuscript upon submission.
Authors and volume editors seeking publication with AACC International PRESS or Eagan Press must first submit a publication proposal for consideration by the Publications Panel. It is important that the publication proposal define the proposed manuscript both specifically and completely. On the basis of the information provided, the proposal will be evaluated, and it will be determined whether or not a manuscript should be developed for the AACC International PRESS and Eagan Press publishing program.
Complete publication proposals must include the following items, together with any other supporting material:
1. Book proposal form and marketing information form
2. Detailed outline, and sample chapters, if available.
The completed proposal should be sent to the Editorial Director at the AACC International PRESS Editorial Office, where it will be distributed for committee evaluation. Prospective authors will be notified of proposal status within six to twelve weeks of submission.
Once the book proposal has been approved, a publication agreement will be drawn up and sent to the author or volume editor. The agreement will contain much of the information provided by the author or volume editor in the publication proposal and will act as a reference in determining whether the completed manuscript is acceptable after the review stage.
For final acceptance, the completed manuscript must successfully undergo a formal review. Reviewers are responsible for evaluating the manuscript from two primary perspectives: 1) that the final manuscript is consistent with the author's or volume editor's original publication proposal, as originally accepted and written in the publication agreement, and 2) that the manuscript is scientifically and/or technically accurate. Also during the review, the manuscript will be evaluated to determine that it has been prepared in acceptable editorial style and according to instructions provided by AACC International PRESS.
AACC International PRESS
3340 Pilot Knob Road
St. Paul, MN 55121 USA