Undergraduate Scholarships up to $1,000 will be available for the
2016-2017 school year.
Purposes of the Scholarship Program:
The purposes of the undergraduate scholarship program are to encourage scholastically outstanding advanced undergraduate students in academic preparation for a career in grain-based food science and technology, and to attract and encourage outstanding students to enter the field of grain-based food science and technology. The scholarships are also designed to serve as a recruitment tool for colleges and universities, but are not open to applicants still in their first or second year of college.
The general eligibility requirements for all applicants for undergraduate scholarships are:
- Applicants must be a current AACCI Student Member.
- Only advanced undergraduate applicants (those entering their senior year) will be considered. Applicants must have a grade point average of not less than 3.0 (4-point scale), both cumulatively in all courses and in all science and mathematics courses then completed. The applicant must have at least one term remaining at the time the scholarship is to be awarded.
- A scholarship recipient who completes degree requirements, withdraws from school or transfers to a different curriculum during tenure of a scholarship becomes ineligible for further payments. It is the separate responsibility of both the student and the department head to notify the AACCI Foundation within thirty (30) days of such an occurrence. In the case of a change of curriculum, the scholarship jury will, at the request of the recipient, review the new curriculum and determine whether or not the applicant is still eligible for support.
- The recipient must enroll in an academic schedule that meets the minimum requirements for full-time students of the college/university being attended, and must be pursuing an approved course of study leading to a degree from that institution.
- The educational institution at which the applicant is enrolled must be conducting fundamental investigations for the advancement of grain-based food science and technology or related areas, including oilseeds.
- Age, sex, race, financial need, or previous receipt or non-receipt of an AACCI scholarship are not conditions of eligibility for any award.
- The values or terms of any scholarship are subject to change upon agreement with the donor.
(the 2016 application process is now closed)
Undergraduate Student Scholarship Application Form
Applications, completed as required, must be e-mailed to AACCI Foundation Headquarters on or before March 4, 2016 to be considered. All application materials (excluding recommendation letters) must be submitted as a single .pdf file. Recommendation letters must be sent under separate cover by the letter writer as a single. pdf file to AACCI Foundation Headquarters. Application file names must include your full name with "2016AACCIUGSS" to follow. (reference this example: ALEXSMITH2016AACCIUGSS) An e-mail confirmation will be sent to you within 72 hours of receipt.
All information and forms requested in the application must be provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not submit more than is requested. Use only the space provided on the application form. Do not retype this form, submit continuation pages, or use any reverse sides. Applications will be sent to each member of the selection committee for review. Material in excess of that requested will not be included.