Graduate fellowships up to $3,000 will be available for 2015-2016 school year, supported by endowment funds of the AACCI Foundation, annual contributions by companies and AACCI divisions. Graduate awards are paid directly to the winners in September after AACCI receives verification of registration for the fall semester or quarter from the appropriate department head.
Any graduate assistantship or fellowship to which the recipient would otherwise have been entitled shall be paid in the regular amount, and no diminution of it because of receiving an AACCI Fellowship shall be permitted.
Purpose of the Awards:
The purpose of the fellowship program is to encourage graduate research in grain-based food science and technology. Research in such disciplines as genetics, horticulture, nutrition, microbiology, biochemistry, engineering, or chemistry is not eligible unless it is directly related to the student's primary research program dealing with a grain-based food science and technology related areas.
The general eligibility requirements for applicants for all fellowships are:
- Applicants must be a current AACCI Student Division member.
- The candidate must be enrolled in graduate studies by the time the fellowship becomes effective, or be a current graduate student pursuing a course of study leading to an MS or a Ph.D. degree.
- The educational institution in which the recipient is enrolled must be conducting fundamental investigations for the advancement of cereal science and technology, including oilseeds.
- A fellowship recipient becomes ineligible for further payments when all requirements for the degree for which the fellowship was awarded have been completed, or if, during the tenure of the fellowship, the student discontinues or substantially changes the research program proposed in the fellowship application. It is the separate responsibility of both the student and the appropriate department head to notify the AACCI Foundation within thirty (30) days of any such change.
- The recipient must be enrolled in an academic schedule that meets the minimum requirements of the university involved, for full-time graduate study.
- Age, sex, race, financial need, or previous receipt or non-receipt of an AACCI scholarship or fellowship are not conditions of eligibility for any award.
- The value or terms of any award are subject to change upon agreement with the donor.
The 2015-2016 application process is now closed. All applicants will be notified once the final fellowship decisions have been determined by late Spring/early Summer 2015.
2015 Graduate Fellowship Application
Applications, completed as required, must be e-mailed to AACCI Foundation Headquarters as one .pdf file on or before March 2, 2015 to be considered.
All information requested in the application must be provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not submit more than is requested. Use only the space provided on the application form. Do not retype the form, submit continuation pages, or use any reverse sides. Applications will be sent to each member of the AACCI selection jury for review. Material in excess of that requested will not be included.