The AACCI Milling & Baking Division and Professional Development Panel are sponsoring three student travel awards to present their research at the upcoming Milling & Baking Division Spring Technical Conference in Portland, OR, being held April 20–22, 2016. Apply today, or send this information to an interested student.
- Present research; respond to questions; obtain feedback
- Opportunity to network with other attendees (typically 70 participants from the food industry)
- Student representative to industry presentations and discussions
- Travel to Portland, OR which includes actual airfare up to $750*, registration, lodging at STC hotel, and meal per diem
We would like to solicit applications for the award process. Applications should include:
- Student CV/resume
- Research project description (no more than 3 pages)
- Project Summary and Significance:
- Provide a summary of the project background and address the significance of researching the issue.
- Objectives and Hypothesis:
- Clearly state the hypothesis used to identify the research goal and provide the specific objectives that will be achieved.
- Experiential Methods, Materials and Technique:
- Provide a summary of the methods and techniques that will be utilized to address the objectives.
- How Research Links to Research Areas of Interest given below
- Letter of support from a faculty member at the University
- Project descriptions are evaluated and prioritized by committee based on quality of written application, research area application to areas of interest.
- Please submit using Word, Pages, or PDF.
Students must be members of AACCI to qualify. Take advantage of our Centennial Celebration and take 35% when you join today!
Applications not meeting these requirements will be rejected without evaluation.
Applications are due January 4, 2016. The application document will be reviewed by a committee and evaluated based on the criteria listed above. The application reviews will be completed by February 5, 2016, with award winners notified shortly thereafter.
Applications and questions about the program should be e-mailed to Sean Finnie, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jennifer Robinson, email@example.com.
*International students may request additional funds, which are subject to availability.