St. Paul, Minn. (December 2014)—Rye has been the subject of many health and nutrition studies in the past decade. It has been found to stimulate weight loss, lower disease risk, promote gastrointestinal health, and improve cardiovascular conditions.
It’s no wonder that nutritionists and the grain-foods industry worldwide see rye as an important ingredient in recipes that meet the increasing consumer demands for healthy foods.
Enter Rye and Health, edited by veteran food technology and nutrition scientists Kaisa Poutanen and Per Åman. This important new book helps both nutritionists and food manufacturers understand the very latest findings on the composition of rye and its physiological and health effects. It specifically covers…
- The chemical composition of rye
- Applications of rye in food production
- The digestion of rye dietary fiber and its effects on gut metabolism
- The many bioactive compounds of rye—including lignans, alkylresorcinols, phenolic acids, benzoxazinoids, phytosterols, tocopherols and tocotrienols—and their importance in human health
- Up-to-date findings on biomarkers and how they can be used in intervention and epidemiological studies to link rye intake with disease risk
- Rye’s influence on glucose levels and other satiating effects
- Relationships between rye intake and certain Western diseases such as type 2 diabetes, prostate cancer, and colorectal cancer
Academics and professionals alike will find this book useful. Readers include rye producers and breeders, millers, manufacturers of rye-based goods, health professionals, and nutritionists.
To order this book, go to http://www.aaccnet.org/store or call toll-free 1.800.328.7560 USA/Canada or +1.651.454.7250 elsewhere.
Book Specifications and Data
© 2014; 6”x 9”; hardcover, 280 pages; 5 color images; 23 black and white images; 2 pounds; ISBN 978-1-891127-81-6
This book is published by AACC International and may be purchased for $219 plus S&H from AACCI PRESS.
Review copies of Rye and Health are available. If you are interested in reviewing this book in your publication and can forward a copy of the published review within six months of receiving the book, please send your request with details of your publication to Dawn Wuest at email@example.com.
NOTE: Digital artwork of the book’s cover is available by contacting Dawn Wuest using the contact information provided. Please specify if the artwork will be used for print or electronic media.